3 Week Bins

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 3 Week Bins

• Author

limbo
    Participant

Why should ratepayers that live “next door” to properties that have trees in their garden pay extra for green bins to clear up someone else’s tree debris?
    A lot of trees in the heart of residential areas have Tree Preservation Orders on them (TPO’s) So the Council are slapping TPOs on trees and expecting residents to become proxy caretaker’s, and then expect the same people to pay for it.

The Green lobby in the Council appear to have forgotten that trees annually shed their leaves, branches, acorns etc and they don’t always, if ever! fall vertically. Also, but no less important, trees grow… a lot!
    I’ve already invested in a shredder and can fill at least 2 green bins a week from the autumn onwards, with someone elses’ debris.
    Which at this point I have been willing to do, as being socially responsible… but charging me extra for its clearance introduces a whole new dynamic, So in the future it looks like i’ll be throwing it all on to the main road and footpaths.

Councillor X
    Participant

How many people will just put their grass cuttings in with their general waste? Nobody checks bins and this is something that i have brought up with Councillors, to little effect.

Conwy will save £390,000 a year by moving to 4 weekly collections so Wrexham should wait to see how this fares before committing to change.

dewi73
    Participant

I’m going to put my grass cuttings in bags stitched inside my trouser legs, dispose of it like they did in ‘The great escape’
    The big stuff I can burn after dark.

OBIWAN
    Participant

The comment by wrexview is not surprising fully agree with it, typical of the council we have here in Wrexham, and the exec board are about to be awarded a significant pay rise, it just beggers belief I wonder if they have a conscience, sorry they can’t have they sleep at night not worrying about us low income taxpayers.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News

New gym plans for Wrexham Industrial Estate could create 70 jobs

News