3 Week Bins

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 3 Week Bins

• Author

Matt
    Participant

I was tipped off that this was to be consulted on & I predict the mother of all battles between the public and the Exec Board.

Also of interesting note The Wirral rejected 3 week black bin collection last year.

https://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/15585063.wirral-says-no-to-three-weekly-bin-collections/

It quite simply is unacceptable – especially with the steep Council Tax price hikes as well.

Matt
    Participant

Looking at the actual consultation itself and the options given on waste services, they are strategically planning to get people to accept a £30 charge on green bins per year as it’s a far less severe option than the black bins being changed from fortnightly.

Either/Or on the consultation (or masochists can opt for both).

It’s one of those, would you rather be punched in the gut? Or slashed in the face with a razor blade?

Crafty.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Having paid my £30.00 for the additional green bin, April 2018, BOTH of which are filled and emptied on a two week cycle. I am dismayed to hear that there are thoughts abounding, that NO green bins will be emptied from November – March. I assume, if adopted, this will be effective from November 2019. I can almost buy into the idea, but only if that means that the household bins are emptied EVERY week over the period of NO green bin collections. How much do the council think this “Perceived Reduction” in service save … if anything. Grasping at Straws, whilst indulging in vanity projects such as Ty Pawb, Needless Street Resurfacing, Fireworks at the drop of a hat

MP1953
    Participant

If the bin service was reverted back to one bin per household emptied once a week there would be no problem, the reason that there is a problem now is that the whole service is hugely labour intensive and the cost of all the recycling lorries must also cost a fortune, all this green agenda does not come cheap.

dagg
    Participant

I thought the plan was to empty the Green bins once a month, starting this year November through to February.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The obvious outcome of ANY reduction in refuge collection, green or otherwise will be an increase in fly tipping.Its already evident that the council cannot empty the public bins with any regularity. Its going to put this green environment policy … in the bin.

Matt
    Participant

Like Rob said in the original article – Don’t mess with the bins!

The proposed £30 annual surcharge on all green bin collections is actually a stealth tax to push the council tax rate increase above 6%.

You take the current Wrexham average band C rate of £1220 annually – now a 6% hike is £73.20 on top of the current rate. The £30 surcharge pushes that up to an extra £103.20 a year – which is actually an 8.5% increase!

That increase will be an even higher percentage for lower bands and obviously a lot more money overall to pay in total on the higher bands.

All this for less services, things taken away every year. At what point are the council going to stop making the town somewhere which is no longer attractive to live in and those who can afford to do so will start moving elsewhere.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The £30 green bin charge is not a PROPOSAL Matt, its already in place and being paid.

Matt
    Participant

That is for additional green bins isn’t it? – It was my understanding that we would all be charged £30 annually for the privilege of having our first and only green bins emptied? Meaning £60 for those with 2 bins.

MP1953
    Participant

The obvious outcome of ANY reduction in refuge collection, green or otherwise will be an increase in fly tipping.Its already evident that the council cannot empty the public bins with any regularity. Its going to put this green environment policy … in the bin.

People were/are all for the green agenda when it appeared to be free of charge and didn’t effect collections etc, I say free it wasn’t really but that was the impression given when it was first rolled out, but now that there are going to be charges and a reduced service people are up in arms!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News

The Adventure of Discovery: Why Field Trips Matter for Learning

News

Senedd rejects legal requirement for residential outdoor education in schools

News

New solar farm project planned in Wrexham could power over 22,000 homes

News

Welsh Affairs Committee Rob & Ryan comment ‘taken out of context’ says Deputy Leader of Council

News