£3.4m Investment as Arriva Launch ‘Premium Fleet’ For Wrexham & Chester Service

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum £3.4m Investment as Arriva Launch ‘Premium Fleet’ For Wrexham & Chester Service

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

Ah! So that’s where the money saved on leaving OAP’s and Disabled stranded on the housing estates went! Well done! Bring back the Grosville!

myfanwy
    Participant

What about the outlying villages? Our last bus from Wrexham is 6-30pm!!

steveg
    Participant

Not much point in pressing Arriva Trains Wales (a Deutsche Bahn company) for additional trains between Wrexham and Chester when Arriva Bus Wales (a Deutsche Bahn company) has a shiny new fleet of buses running every ten minutes between Wrexham and Chester.

Mike Davies
    Participant

It doesn’t help Wrexham shops when people who live on the Chester side of town (Gresford, Marford etc) can get a nice shiney bus to do their shopping in Chester. It is a good service but not really helpful to the town in general.

Matt
    Participant

[quote quote=133602]It doesn’t help Wrexham shops when people who live on the Chester side of town (Gresford, Marford etc) can get a nice shiney bus to do their shopping in Chester. It is a good service but not really helpful to the town in general.

[/quote]

People who want to get a bus to Chester are going to get one no matter what, you can’t force them to shop in town just because they don’t have a car. A new bus service is equally going to benefit Wrexham town centre as much as it will Chester.

When I used to live that end of town I always used the service & it was quick & mostly reliable to get into town. Lots of people just want to do a quick shop & pop into Wrexham & not have to deal with the whole hassle of Chester. Too much traffic & then pissed up thugs on race day.

Wrexham town centre is in need of improvement, but transport infrastructure spend will definitely help.

Daave63
    Participant

Yer, good point Matt, give me a spaced out spiced up Zombie any day!

Rex Ham
    Participant

[quote quote=133616]Yer, good point Matt, give me a spaced out spiced up Zombie any day!

[/quote]Surprise, surprise, Chester has spaced out spiced up Zombies too. I saw them as I went to the theatre the other night.

So Chester scores over Wrexham yet again, it has two types of undesirables!

Nen
    Participant

Another good option for the people of Gresford / Marford / Rossett etc to get into town for their shopping 👍

Owain Glyndwr
    Participant

[quote quote=133623]

Yer, good point Matt, give me a spaced out spiced up Zombie any day!

Surprise, surprise, Chester has spaced out spiced up Zombies too. I saw them as I went to the theatre the other night.

So Chester scores over Wrexham yet again, it has two types of undesirables!

[/quote]
    Bloody Chester … zombies in theatres …. how very upmarket!

Nen
    Participant

Makes me laugh seeing people commenting on Facebook things like “how can they afford these posh new buses when they are stopping services to other areas” 😂

Do people honestly not realise that Arriva are a business and not a public service? They can afford to invest in the profitable routes such as this one, they don’t make any money on the routes that they’ve cut and Wrexham council is not funding them to a level that makes it worth their while.

If we want a public service then the government needs to nationalise the buses, or heavily subsidise less profitable routes. Until then, it’s a capitalist society and the buses will follow the money. Get real people.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News

Shape Your Future: Unique Student Opportunities at Wrexham University

News