24hr Drive thru development on land by wrexham golf club / Borras roundabout.

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 24hr Drive thru development on land by wrexham golf club / Borras roundabout.

• Author

Daave63
    Participant

Stapler12, I love you!

wxmbda
    Participant

Lets be clear on this, it is right the people around this area have had their privacy ignored for many many occasions and had roadworks road widening boy racers up and down the dual carriageways their back gardens seem to look onto a race track so i say to you would you like this in your area not thinking nimby at all think some people need to get real and go and spend a few hours by this site/roundabout and see how fast and dangerous this exit/entrance would be , maybe the ones that think its ok would think different too if one of their relatives was killed/injured at this place, so please dont ridicule people for having their say especially the people who have to put up with this noise day after day after day 24/7 365 days a year so please rethink.

Daave63
    Participant

Yer what ever! Hope its Macdonalds, parking’s shite when you just need a sausage & egg mcmuffin!

jaycee
    Participant

Are you related to the Planning office?

Daave63
    Participant

[quote quote=116228]Are you related to the Planning office?

[/quote]
    Yer, its my Dad! And my second cousin from India, well his name is Foreign Office! Ru fick our wat&

jaycee
    Participant

Sorry Dave63, I was commenting on Stapler12 thoughts on the issue, but hey it’s nice to know we have international views on these forums.

Daave63
    Participant

Ole Jaycee, bonjour, merci and avavou cuppa! A trillion rupees worth of sorrys [about 35p], a ydewen yn hoffi coffi?

Huw
    Participant

The Llan-y-pwll link road must be one of the fastest roads in the area with cars and bikes racing up and down there daily, well over the speed limit. This will just attract more people to the area who think that public roads are there to race their vehicles. Add that to the fact that no Police presence is ever seen around that area and it’s just going to be loads of accidents waiting to happen. Only when people start to get injured or even killed will something be done, as usual.

Daave63
    Participant

Huw,
    I agree with you about speeding idiots, but they are not just exclusive to this road and they are still subject to the rules of the roads like everyone else. If there are issues there then the police will target it – so-called innocent easy targets!
    If everyone took the view that ‘it may/will cause this and that, then nothing will ever progress – and besides a pedestrian can be injured in a so-called 20mph zone as ‘idiot drivers’ can’t read anyway!
    And how many times do you see pedestrians [usually parents with kids] waiting to cross a busy road 50yrds away from a crossing! Now they are real idiots! Sorry.

Captain C
    Participant

Perhaps if this goes ahead the Highways and the police would consider a speed camera on both roads leading to the roundabout. This would bring in funds and make the junction safer, or is that to obvious for them.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham students dig in to create peace garden at local care home

News

Hundreds take part in inaugural 5k and 10k race in aid of Wrexham-based hospice

News

College students hosting Wrexham football themed charity dinner for local causes

News

RSPCA urges a radical rethink of animals’ rights as part of ‘For Every Kind’ campaign

News

Wrexham to host to second stage of Tour of Britain Women

News

Man “arrested on suspicion of wounding” after “public order incident” in city centre

News