Wrexham.com has preduced a very good summary about 2014 — would be good if readers put down their predictions for the year and then in 12 months reflect back on how accurate they have been. Here is a starter for 10..
1. Glyndwr University gets a new Vice Chancellor when it joins with Bangor to form a pan North Wales University.
2. Wrexham Law Courts announce they will close by the end of 2016.
3. 10 -15% increase in the number of empty shops– housing/ apartments planning application made to convert empty shops in Regent Street.
4. WG take over the management of Education in Wrexham following a review of falling standards.
5. Labor retain both seats in Wrexham in May elections– close second in Wrexham will be UKIP.
6. Falling out among the ruling Independent Group on the Council over merger discussions with Flintshire leads to a new Leader.
7. Unemployment in the County Borough ends the year with the lowest level for 5 years
8. Announcement that plans to demolish Waterworld are put on hold until a 2018 review.
9. Betsi Cardwalader announce investment at the Maelor Hospital to develop a
new minor injuries unit in 2016.
10. Number of homeless people in Wrexham increase to record levels.
Rest assured that whatever happens in 2015, an enquiry costing several millions will be set-up. A report blaming nobody will eventually be produced. Someone will get a nice fat pension. Lessons will be learnt.
Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors. Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .