20 difficult to let properties demolished

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 20 difficult to let properties demolished

• Author

zinger
    Participant

How come there were 20 empty, unpopular, difficult to let properties when we supposedly have all these homeless people? Are they not really homeless or were the unpopular properties too far away from the bus station?

Matt
    Participant

Are they referring to the flats in Plas Madoc? If so, I believe they were considered a fire hazard because of the way they were built – only 1 entrance – if blocked by flames – no other way to get out.

Although ones built in a similar manner in the area are not currently planned to be demolished as they have sitting tenants.

Unless this is a completely different set of houses.

Matt
    Participant

This was the article about these particular ones. Although the council report seemed to have completely contradicted itself:

“it was noted that the properties were ‘generally unpopular and difficult to let’. The report also stated: “Of the 22 properties proposed for demolition, 18 are currently tenanted.”

22 Properties Set For Demolition as Part of Estate ‘Modernisation’ Plans

Ted
    Participant

Well I know for a fact that Wrexham council gave every tenant that lived in these houses up to £10k to move out plus moving costs.

Also most of these tenants moved into newly built houses on the edge of the estate with whatever flooring & decoration they wanted.

Nen
    Participant

[quote quote=140572]Well I know for a fact that Wrexham council gave every tenant that lived in these houses up to £10k to move out plus moving costs.

Also most of these tenants moved into newly built houses on the edge of the estate with whatever flooring & decoration they wanted.[/quote]

If they had a notice period in the contract why didn’t they just give notice?

Ted
    Participant

[quote quote=140575]

Well I know for a fact that Wrexham council gave every tenant that lived in these houses up to £10k to move out plus moving costs.

Also most of these tenants moved into newly built houses on the edge of the estate with whatever flooring & decoration they wanted.

If they had a notice period in the contract why didn’t they just give notice?[/quote]

I do not know but that,s Wrexham council for you!

BenjaminM
    Participant

“If they had a notice period in the contract why didn’t they just give notice?”

Yet another example of an off the top of the head comment that has no logic attached to it whatsoever.
    1. If the Council were to implement such a draconian measure (if indeed it was at all possible)where would the social housing tenants be moved to?
    2.Are any of the above detractors aware of ANY reason or example of where ANY of the tenants have broken their side of the tenancy agreement.
    3. As far as I am aware, it seems that the move was thrust upon them and they had little opportunity to do anything other than comply.
    4. Is it not right, proper and in the interest of natural justice that the tenants should be equitably compensated for their upheaval from their home?
    5. I can just imagine the stink that would be raised by a home owner if their property was subject to a Compulsary Purchase Order. They would expect the moon, the sun and the stars in way of compensation. Or are social housing tenants of a lower order and can be treated differently?

I think I can detect a whiff of that from certain of the above ‘contributions’.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News