100 worst places to live

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 100 worst places to live

• Author

thewayneinspain
    Participant

the norman tebbit remark was with aspiration not the ‘get on your bike’.

we shouldn’t be satisfied with the bad points of wrexham and be apatheical about them. we should want and aspire better.

Anyone who knocks the best football club in the world and doesn’t see the good within it (especially with the greatest and most hard working supporters) is quite frankly not someone who loves or proud of the town.

Alunh
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 7910 wrote:

the norman tebbit remark was with aspiration not the ‘get on your bike’.

we shouldn’t be satisfied with the bad points of wrexham and be apatheical about them. we should want and aspire better.

Anyone who knocks the best football club in the world and doesn’t see the good within it (especially with the greatest and most hard working supporters) is quite frankly not someone who loves or proud of the town.

……….not to generalise, of course.

Now come on Wayne……have you got proof that a Rugby loving footballphobe doesn’t love this town, especially if their club of choice happened to be Wrexham Rugby club (lol) ?

BenjaminM
    Participant

The comments from our Lisbon correspondent have now descended from the sublime to the ridiculous. I would suggest that he is henceforth, ignored.
    Alunh, if you are expecting a positive response to your very reasonable request, I would fill in the time by searching for a necklace made of hens teeth.
    Why is proof needed? The statement has been made, so believe!!

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

God give me strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

@BenjaminM 7913 wrote:

The comments from our Lisbon correspondent have now descended from the sublime to the ridiculous. I would suggest that he is henceforth, ignored.
    Alunh, if you are expecting a positive response to your very reasonable request, I would fill in the time by searching for a necklace made of hens teeth.
    Why is proof needed? The statement has been made, so believe!!

Can I ask you a question? Well I’m going to anyway as this is a one sided conversation.

What gives you the right to moderate this board. That is to suggest to other users whom they should or should not respond to. If you object to our overseas correspondent (I find your terminology a little denigrating to be honest) then that is your right and I firmly believe you have the right to hold that opinion if you feel that way.

What I don’t agree with however is the way you are trying to lead others to follow your way of thinking by suggesting that any comments posted by Wayne should be ignored. Not everyone is strong minded and you may lead a few but I think the vast majority will chose to ignore your suggestion as I will.

Sorry but I don’t like to be dictated to, even in a nice way.

thunderbirdskid
    Participant

@Welsh Dresser 7927 wrote:

Can I ask you a question? Well I’m going to anyway as this is a one sided conversation.

What gives you the right to moderate this board. That is to suggest to other users whom they should or should not respond to. If you object to our overseas correspondent (I find your terminology a little denigrating to be honest) then that is your right and I firmly believe you have the right to hold that opinion if you feel that way.

Well said Sir.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Dear Welsh Dresser, you asked a question so you can expect a response, I have an aversion to being rhetorical.
    Firstly, a forum as I see it, is a medium that is used to put forward opinions that will generate discussion around a given topic. It most certainly is not for certain individuals to openly call contributors liars, or to denigrate and belittle statements made. I have been called a liar on at least 2 occasions where I have declined to provide ‘proof’ of the statements made. That is sailing very very close to being libellous.
    Secondly, the term Senior Member does not indicate depth of knowledge or indeed that the person so designated, has a greater insight of a topic. What is does mean however, in my opinion, is that that person considers themselves to be knowledgable on everything when in actual fact it could be the reverse, an authority on nothing, yet still feel the need to see themselves in print.
    Thirdly, as you stated in a post of yesterday evening, ‘God…………..difference’, you cannot denounce me for having the courage to try to implement change when change is long overdue.
    Fourthly, as far as stating that I was being dictatorial, that was not and is not my intention.Since when has a suggestion become dictatorial?
    You seem to indicate that I show a xenophobic tendency by saying Lisbon correspondent, well you are wrong, categorically. Perhaps I know a little more than you actually give me credit for.
    Do what ever you think appropriate, but I most certainly will be skipping over the banalities sometimes posted and will continue to post on topics that I feel that I can contribute to meaningfully, not as a blanket cover for everything under the sun.

Welsh Dresser
    Participant

Point taken. You are by far the more intelligent than I am. I will bow to your superior intellect and keep my banal whitterings to myself. Well actually I probably will not but feel free to ignore me. I will be in good company and will not mind. :p

Y Ffin
    Participant

Wrexham does have a lot going for it, but unfortunately it has got a serious problem with an underskilled and under-educated minority whose problems impact on the quality of life of other members of the community. The real challenge for the council and WAG is the fact that many in the ‘establishment’ appear unable to diagnose the causes, let alone come up with solutions to those challenges the town faces that they could help solve. Instead we get platitudes and propaganda. If you want to know what people really think of Wrexham, then ask the people in nearby villages e.g. Bangor Is-coed, Chirk, Rossett, and Holt whether they associate where they live with Wrexham or not.

Cartoon_head
    Participant

“I have been called a liar on at least 2 occasions where I have declined to provide ‘proof’ of the statements made. That is sailing very very close to being libellous.”

THE INTERNET = SERIOUS BUSINESS

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News

Prioritise support over punishment for young vapers, says Public Health Wales

News

New video shows Wrexham AFC chairman “Baseball-izing” Football Game ahead of MLB World Tour

News