100 worst places to live

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 100 worst places to live

• Author

BenjaminM
    Participant

I would like to know what inner city problems Wrexham has. A number of empty shops, a few minor skirmishes that have been blown out of all proportion and a two recent alleged murders. Compare that to a city.
    One only has to look back a few weeks to the two lads on the roof in Chester St. To see how what should have been a minor inconvenience to the Police, turned into a 3 act play.
    The ‘we’ realise it’s not a tourist trap, doesn’t ring true either because I have read a whole list of places that someone on one of the threads, says that Wrexham is worth visiting for.
    I agree that it is not too much to ask for the leaders to try and improve our town centre but one must remember that the town has a population of 60k and a catchment area of possibly120k. In today’s economic climate, I would be loath to invest money into an area where I was unlikely to get a positive return on my investment.
    We are one place out of many in the same situation. If a magic wand would work, I am sure it would have been used by now.
    Dislike the Council as much as anyone likes, but I find it singularly abhorrent that elected members are referred to by their surname, without reference to their title, when being castigated on this site.
    We are not unique, and to expect a silk purse from a sows ear is simply cloud cuckoo land.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Wrexview, much to offer? Third rate rugby and football, Wrexham baths? Access to the North Wales coast and the North West of England? A bridge, culture at the William Aston Hall about 6 times a year.
    You make Wrexham sound like Rome was to the Roman Empire.
    Numerous clubs? A person on this forum was saying only the other day there was nothing for the over 55’s
    I think that the writer of the post you ‘corrected’ has his eyes wide open and can see quite clearly that there is indeed little on offer.
    If I wished to visit the coast or the north west, my base would be there, not some not town not evenly remotely connected as being a centre of tourism.

thunderbirdskid
    Participant

@BenjaminM 7864 wrote:

I would like to know what inner city problems Wrexham has. A number of empty shops, a few minor skirmishes that have been blown out of all proportion and a two recent alleged murders. Compare that to a city.

Over the last 10yrs, a good number of serious alchohol related incidents that’s gained the town seriously negative headlines. I quote your post from another thread below where you clearly feel that with regards to the alcohol problem, enough is enough. So clearly your not just prepared to sit back and accept your lot….Like me you would also like the police and other interested bodies to take action. I think what you speak about below, a lot of people support, but it also links in with the way the town centre is managed….That’s a council responsibility.

@BenjaminM 7357 wrote:

Certain premises ARE known about, yet continue to trade with virtual impunity.
    It is high time that the Justices and the Police become proactive rather than reactive to Licenced Premises that are known trouble spots. There is adequate provision in Licensing legislation to withdraw a licence.

The situation has been allowed to develop to enormous proportions and the time bomb waiting to explode, has exploded with tragic results.

Night clubs are a different matter entirely where members from a complete cross section of society are drawn together into a social environment with the main purposes of enjoying themselves and dancing in a controlled manner. And long may they continue.

One only has to walk around Wrexham town centre at any time of day or night and see the characters who are wont to frequent the late night drinking dens.

There has been warning after warning of what was inevitably going to happen, we’ll now it has so act now before another horse bolts.

Rondetto
    Participant

The council allowing so many drinking dens open most of the night has escalated the problems on our town. The Police and hospitals are stretched to the limit. I love the town, but the reputation it’s getting is quite worrying. NO one listens do they?

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    BenjaminM;7865 wrote:
    Wrexview, much to offer? Third rate rugby and football, Wrexham baths? Access to the North Wales coast and the North West of England? A bridge, culture at the William Aston Hall about 6 times a year.
    You make Wrexham sound like Rome was to the Roman Empire.
    Numerous clubs? A person on this forum was saying only the other day there was nothing for the over 55’s
    I think that the writer of the post you ‘corrected’ has his eyes wide open and can see quite clearly that there is indeed little on offer.
    If I wished to visit the coast or the north west, my base would be there, not some not town not evenly remotely connected as being a centre of tourism.

it’s people like that bring the town down. You don’t aspire, you’re sadly satisfied with mediocrity and not wanting to change anything for the better.

Football is not third rate, how many teams got to wembley twice last season??

Football is a success. it’sa proper community club owned by almost 2,000 fans. It’s were true football fans put shoulder to the wheel to make something better by aspiring a better and more successful club. 2 years ago, the club nearly died and fans raised over 100k in less than 24 hours. the football club is a role model for community aspiration.

BenjaminM
    Participant

@thewayneinspain 7870 wrote:

it’s people like that bring the town down. You don’t aspire, you’re sadly satisfied with mediocrity and not wanting to change anything for the better.

Football is not third rate, how many teams got to wembley twice last season??

Football is a success. it’sa proper community club owned by almost 2,000 fans. It’s were true football fans put shoulder to the wheel to make something better by aspiring a better and more successful club. 2 years ago, the club nearly died and fans raised over 100k in less than 24 hours. the football club is a role model for community aspiration.

Do not even attempt to question my desire to aspire or that I am willing to settle for mediocrity, far from it. My aspirations were met and continue to be met and I will tell you how- through my OWN endeavours which enabled me to climb to the top of my chosen profession and achieve many other things along the way.
    I did not expect others to do things for me to make my life more comfortable. I make things happen for myself.
    How you have the audacity to try to analyse me and state quite blatantly what my persona is, is quite frankly beyond me.
    Once again, you have gone off on a tangent and been selective in which parts you attempt to pick holes in.
    A bit of advice, look at the whole picture and read for the meaning in the whole of the message.
    As regards the level of football that Wrexham play, I stick to my original point and consider that it is you that are willing to settle for mediocrity if you regard Blue Square as a success story.
    I take no remonstrations from you as quite frankly, I am able to think and act for myself without reliance on receiving dubious advice from people who only, quite frankly, get off by condemning others in a self righteous manner.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    BenjaminM;7873 wrote:
    Do not even attempt to question my desire to aspire or that I am willing to settle for mediocrity, far from it. My aspirations were met and continue to be met and I will tell you how- through my OWN endeavours which enabled me to climb to the top of my chosen profession and achieve many other things along the way.
    I did not expect others to do things for me to make my life more comfortable. I make things happen for myself.
    How you have the audacity to try to analyse me and state quite blatantly what my persona is, is quite frankly beyond me.
    Once again, you have gone off on a tangent and been selective in which parts you attempt to pick holes in.
    A bit of advice, look at the whole picture and read for the meaning in the whole of the message.
    As regards the level of football that Wrexham play, I stick to my original point and consider that it is you that are willing to settle for mediocrity if you regard Blue Square as a success story.
    I take no remonstrations from you as quite frankly, I am able to think and act for myself without reliance on receiving dubious advice from people who only, quite frankly, get off by condemning others in a self righteous manner.

Stand by my words, in your own words you are satisfied with mediocrity.

there is no proof that you have reached the top of your profession.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Pray tell, where in ‘my own words’ have I stated that I am willing to settle for mediocrity?
    Here we go, the proof word again! I am not a liar, neither do I bend or distort the facts, but my private and personal life remains just that. I am not prone to exageration, I just say it as I see it. If you don’ t believe what I stated about my profession, tough. I will certainly lose no sleep over the fact that you don’t believe or choose not to believe what I know to be 100% true.
    As I have stated on a number of previous occasions, you ask for proof but are unwilling (or unable) to back up your assertions. Time you got a life.

BenjaminM
    Participant

Oh, and by the way, criticise at your leisure but you of all people, will not stop me expressing OPINIONS whether they are in accord with yours or not.

thewayneinspain
    Participant
    BenjaminM;7877 wrote:
    Oh, and by the way, criticise at your leisure but you of all people, will not stop me expressing OPINIONS whether they are in accord with yours or not.

You are entitled to an opinion, but please back it up with facts.

you critciise people all the time. Anyone who wants to better their community or protect it, you have to use negative labels like NIMBYs or protestors.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Employees smash Manchester Marathon in aid of North East Wales Mind

News

Calls for urgent clarity of future of nuclear energy developments in North Wales

News

A view from Wrexham’s Member of the Senedd

News

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News