10 into 2 next Thursday

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 10 into 2 next Thursday

• Author

Liz Jackson
    Participant

Is it just me or has there been a dramatic downturn in the interest in local politics. Come Friday morning we will know which two candidates will be representing Wrexham and South Clwyd. If the predicted 35% turnout is correct whoever is elected will only have aprox 15% of the total potential votes. Of course this is democratic and only the electors who don’t vote are to blame for the result.
    As you talk with people in a wide range of settings there is a real level of apathy – there are very few placards on display, gone are the days when supporters would walk around with rosettes signally who they wanted to win. The quality of the information in most of the election leaflets was sparse to say the least and certainly nothing to grab your attention as having any inspirational solutions for Wales.
    Look at all of the good covcerage on Wrexham.com and make your mind up to go to vote on Thursday

wrexview
    Participant

I was talking to someone last week who was moaning about long waits for GP’s appointments and the disgrace that ambulances were queued up outside A&E. After a while they revealed they had NEVER voted in any election ! Their reason , ” my vote would make no difference.” If the 60-70 % who failed to use their vote last time, did to go and vote next Thursday May 5th then we could see real change ! Don’t let apathy top the pole !

wrexview
    Participant

Should be don’t let apathy top the POLL !!

Council Watcher
    Participant

Apathy is the cause of so many failings in society with people turning a blind eye to so many things. We just don’t seem to realise that every vote has a value can can make a difference- our elected representatives can always be brought to account during each election time.

I hope in next years Local Government election ‘Save Wrexham’ or other group will surge forward and knock some of the existing Councillors off their perch in the Guildhall. It’s time for change make sure you are part of it and we can start moving to being proud of Wrexham again.

Daave63
    Participant

Personally I don’t think its a case of apathy, more that people just can’t be bothered and also it…………..

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Almost one in five people in Wales waiting to start NHS treatment

News

Wales Transport Secretary calls for targeted 20mph zones near schools and hospitals

News

Airbnb expansion exacerbates housing woes for ex-offenders in Wrexham as Rob & Ryan dodge blame

News

Friends and Wrexham AFC fans taking on walking challenge for Dynamic

News

North Wales Minister role branded as “tokenistic” by Plaid Cymru MS

News

Number of Welsh 18-year-olds enrolling at Wrexham University “down 5 per cent this year”

News