£1.7 million cat adoption centre

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum £1.7 million cat adoption centre

• Author

zinger
    Participant

I do wonder what is deemed a suitable home though. I know a couple, living in a quiet, respectable suburb of Wrexham who were turned down many years ago for taking a cat because they had children. They fortunately managed to have one from elsewhere which lived to a ripe old age in the centre of a loving family. What is the criteria for homing a cat I wonder.

bubble
    Participant

[quote quote=137908]I do wonder what is deemed a suitable home though. I know a couple, living in a quiet, respectable suburb of Wrexham who were turned down many years ago for taking a cat because they had children. They fortunately managed to have one from elsewhere which lived to a ripe old age in the centre of a loving family. What is the criteria for homing a cat I wonder.

[/quote]

I don’t know what the criteria are for rehoming a cat – perhaps it depends on the particular cat and on the impression made by the prospective adoptee. I’m sure they make mistakes sometimes in deciding who can and can’t have a pet, but I do think they are at all times striving for the best interests of the cat.
    I’ve adopted pets in the past, though personally not from Cats Protection. I had to go through home checks. One shelter told me straight off that I was too far away and the journey from shelter to my home would be too stressful for the animal – yet I went on to adopt from another shelter that was even further away from me. Because of the distance they could not come round to do a home check beforehand, so they asked for photos of my home and sent me a list of questions.
    I sometimes drop off donations to Cats Protection on Madeira Hill, and they always encourage me to go and see the cats. They are very well looked after – their enclosures are clean and well-kept. It certainly gives me confidence that the cats in their care are very well cared for and cared about. It’s heart breaking to know that these cats don’t have homes.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Wrexham Council set to decide on 20mph ‘adjustments’ which ‘begin from September’

News

Wales’ fire authorities lack accountability amid harassment allegations, Senedd hears

News

Closure plan for Welshpool and Caernarfon Air Ambulance bases confirmed – with new base planned for ‘middle of North Wales’

News

Trading Standards warning over Facebook user “fraudulently advertising events locally”

News

The Ultimate Guide to Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana

News

The Essential Guide to User Acceptance Testing (UAT)

News