£1.4M Gateway Improvements Nr Wrexham Bus Station

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum £1.4M Gateway Improvements Nr Wrexham Bus Station

• Author

Liam
    Participant

Bit of a mixed feedback on this one so far, some see it as a waste of money, some a welcome investment.

What do others think?

Wrexham Bus Station Area Set For £1.4m Facelift | Wrexham.com

Adam
    Participant

Realising it’s an issue is a promising start, lets just hope they follow through. Any further info on how they are planning to consult the public on this?

Perhaps whichever form of consultation proves to be constructive could be extended to other parts of the town? Clearly there will not be funding readily available for all areas of concern but it would surely be useful to create a 2, 5 or 10 year plan to aim towards.

KKOB
    Participant

Complete waste of money, again.

wrexview
    Participant

Well if there is grant money available I would rather see it spent in Wrexham than elsewhere. Councils have to bid for grant money and in this case it is under the “Gateway Improvements” scheme, there will be strict limitations on how and where the money can be spent. Hopefully the businesses in King Street will be consulted .

Born Acorn
    Participant

I’m never against these things; as wrexview says, this is grant money. It was bound to be spent somewhere on a similar project (or worse, sometimes they can do some really pointless things under the banner of regeneration).

Unfortunately I only imagine a re-paving of the pavement and replacing of the kerbs there to match the bus station, with new street furniture to replace the old.

What King street really needs is the old building knocking down and replacing with a new design (though this would cause issues for tennants while the works take place) or cladding with modern materials.

It’s right next to Yale College. The right businesses (not more solictors and estate agents) could make a mint there.

NJones
    Participant

Its about times it got a facelift- long overdue. This development has been suggested many times before. As with everything wrexham council do- I’ll believe it when I see it happen.

MadMan
    Participant

Serious money needs to be spent on the town, but this 1.4 million needs to be spent wisely the street furniture in the town is dreadful therefore we know they won’t do a good job and it would be waste of money, the pavements in town are shocking they would only waste money if they carried out work on them, the only hope is that they improve the shop fascias. I gave ideas to the council on how to improve high street and other areas of the town but obviously they do not listen.

TheDave
    Participant

I always thought it crazy that just after the bus station is rebuilt, they send all the businesses to Eagles Meadow.
    But the craziest thing is that we – the people of Wrexham – pay our taxes to UK Govt, who cream some off to administer sending some of it to Europe, who cream some off for their nice offices where they administer sending a bit of what’s left back to the deserving tax-payer in Wrexham.

KKOB
    Participant

But don’t forget that the very nice people who pay their taxes in England pay for your prescriptions so that you can stay healthy and pay your taxes to the UK Govt.:D

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Level crossing safety plea to North Wales holidaymakers this Easter

News

Three ‘never events’ reported at health board during February

News

Clwyd South MS welcomes plans for baby loss certificates for bereaved parents

News

More detail on club accounts as owners will ‘continue to offer minority equity positions to strategic partners’

News

Turnover up 75% as Wrexham AFC say ‘losses shouldnt be repeated’ as payroll nears £7m

News

Lasit Spearheads a Clean Revolution: Laser Technology Redefines Industrial Cleaning

News