Est. 2011
Read 556,936 times in last 30 days *
Wrexham.com

Go Back   Wrexham.com Forums > Wrexham.com Forums > Take a Break!

Take a Break! Non business, Not about Wrexham, Offtopic, Non controversial? Let your hair down in here...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wrexview
  • 1 Post By michellecook

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 11:42 AM

Default Takes Your Breath Away!

Chris Huhne has resigned as an MP but not before charging us the tax payer 600 for a new IPad! Perhaps it is time that goods like IPads , mobile phones and laptop computers ,purchased by MP's should never be personal possessions but belong to their constituency and passed on to the next incumbent!
thewayneinspain likes this.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Takes Your Breath Away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrexview View Post
Chris Huhne has resigned as an MP but not before charging us the tax payer 600 for a new IPad! Perhaps it is time that goods like IPads , mobile phones and laptop computers ,purchased by MP's should never be personal possessions but belong to their constituency and passed on to the next incumbent!
Totally agree, if they want it, they should pay for it.
thewayneinspain likes this.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:43 PM

After the last expenses scandal you would think that politicians had learnt their lesson and would not take advantage quite so much. Perhaps they look on it as a perk?
Old 02-08-2013, 11:44 AM

In our local authority this is normally the case, but you can imagine the list of equipment that goes missing as no-one thinks to sign it out and back in. When I worked for WCBC I had to do inventories and the amount of equipment managers could not account for was shocking.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:18 PM

When I first started working the guy in charge of our supplies would only issue a new pen if the old empty one was handed in. So I feel guilty if a paper clip falls into my bag and I bring it home with me!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:34 PM

Politicians aka thieves.