Reply To: Ian Lucas and vote of no confidence

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Ian Lucas and vote of no confidence Reply To: Ian Lucas and vote of no confidence

Alunh
Participant

I’ve voted for the Labour Party on several occasions but have never been a member. How they organise their affairs is entirely up to them and if the rules allow a whole series of scenarios to develop….heyho.

Looking at this from the outside it does look a bit of a train wreck. In the Thatcher era there was a Healey end of the party and a Benn end and the argument ran that it was only by adopting moderate policies that Labour would get elected. I’m not sure if this is true but I am sure that people need to understand that no political party will get elected whatsoever if it does not pitch a message that is capable of getting sufficient voters to vote in favour of it. The interesting group for me was always those left-wingers who were prepared to act pragmatically in the 1980s and adopt the Fabian theme of a nibble at a time rather than going for the whole hog.

It will be interesting to see how this all pans out but it would seem unlikely that the Labour Party will survive the current stresses and strains upon it. In Wrexham, if there is a move to deselect Ian Lucas, it would suggest that survival is less likely than more likely

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News