Reply To: ‘Current Economical Climate’ Sees Plans to Partially Convert Retail Space…….

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum ‘Current Economical Climate’ Sees Plans to Partially Convert Retail Space……. Reply To: ‘Current Economical Climate’ Sees Plans to Partially Convert Retail Space…….

Alunh
Participant

Shopkeepers in Wrexham are pretty much like any town Benjamin, a mixture of good and bad. The stats actually tell you two things. One is that Wrexham has more retail capacity than anywhere else in North Wales and in one recent survey, Wrexham was in the Top 100 shopping areas in the UK (floor-space wise) The second thing that the stats will tell you is that Wrexham has no worse an occupancy level than other towns of its size across the UK.

Clearly there are bad retail operations and, having been part of the Market set-up, I quite accept your point about many retailers being impervious to their own shortcomings when it comes down to reasons for lack of success. That said, we are not talking about the defects of the retailer here- I will take this as a given that many will be poor- what we are talking about is how best to ensure that over time, shops get better and the town becomes even more of a draw.

I am quite convinced that you, like most contributors on this site, would like to see Wrexham morphing into something better than it is, and what we are searching for collectively is methods to arrive at that outcome. It is a collective waste of all our time to premise everything on some misplaced idea that Wrexham cannot be better and that there are not consensually agreed upon ideas that can make it so

More...

Welsh Government funding for children’s hospices not enough, says sector leader

News

College’s celebration of education and diversity goes from strength to strength

News

Clean energy projects ‘harming’ rural Wales, warns Conservative MS

News

News

Drug driver jailed after fatal Johnstown road traffic collision

News

Multi-million pound investment to transform Old Library into “creative industries powerhouse”

News